Monday 14 November 2011

Marilyn Obsession.




Mom's artwork when she was 19. 
This is drawn using them chalks below.

 ...and now they are passed down to my hand! :D


 So I was watching a TV program call "Work Of Art" on Sunday when suddenly, 
I got motivated and inspired to do an art piece.
Something moved me to do a sorta sexy art and first person that popped into my mind was Marilyn.
And so... the masterpiece began.

These babies here are as old as me, also, passed down to me by mom. =)

 After finishing up, mommy had helped me edit some final touch-ups on her hair(which was by far the hardest to handle! took me 2 hours just for her hair.) and her nose(drawing noses have also always been another weakness for me). All in all, I sat down for 4 hours for this sketch and boy oh boy I swear I was happiest when I'm in that sorta mood. Doing what I do best and what I love most. Fully focused and energized and calm and I just felt goooood.
Like I was at peace.

 And here she is. The legendary Miss Marilyn Monroe.
Yes, her eyes are rather out of proportion I know...but oh well, I did my best.
Improvements can be made. A LOT.
But, my art matures as I age, for those of you who've known me for a century ago... i guess you may notice that. =)
I promise to practice for the better.

Side view looks better. At least it isn't that obvious! haha!

 Sunday Lunch with family. 
Was grandaunt's 80th birthday and I had to take few snapshots. heh.

More artwork coming soon I hope.
I'm pretty inspired today actually, but thanks to my 8am-8pm class,
I'm too exhausted and doubt I can produce my best.
Hmm...oh well! 
Till then darlings. Thanks for dropping by.

XOXOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment