Thursday 21 July 2011

Chinese version of fine dining.

I was keen on writing this post last week. But as mentioned I didn't manage to squeeze in my time for a blog post. Oh well, here it is.
The weekend when every KL citizen was running to Malacca or anywhere else to save their asses from the Bersih rally, I.....took a bus up! LOL.
Because of a promise to Ronball.
It was sweet of him to have booked dinner for two at The Grand Millennium Hotel. 
(Damn rundown place but oh well, it's the thought that counts.)

As you can see, super deserted. Can practically hear crickets chirping. O.O

We waited 15 mins to be served and he actually ate all the prickled chillies while waiting.

My "I am bored and don't take my pic lahhh..." look.

First dish! We got excited and gobbled everything up in less than 2 mins.

Next! 2 ketul of everything. Like when you just started to enjoy your meal, *poof! No more d.

One miserable broccoli, one ketul fish and tofu. T.T

Poor darling, he was so hungry, even you can tell from the pic. No time to even look nvm smile for the camera.

Then came this. One biji abalone on top of tofu and some vege underneath. 

and THIS WAS THE LAST DISH DAMMIT!

...and VOILA! dessert. Every damn thing one biji. KIAM KANA.
 BOLEH MATI ORANG CAN? So this is what fine dining is? 
Oh God I don't ever wanna do this again. Thank God we had coupons and we only paid rm39 per-person.

Luckily 2 more couples joined us. Rather awkward to have them waiters and waitresses' attention all the time. o.o

Goodness, we went for second round of food after we left the hotel. LOL. But it was fun. Funny how he was such a perfectionist while having dinner while I was...er...being myself?

Me: *thhk-thhk-tthhhhkkk! -using tongue trying to remove a lil broccoli which was stuck in between my teeth.
Ron: o.0 erm dear, fine-dining pls?
Me: But irritating lah. *continue.
Ron: dearrrr...~ that old lady staring dy laa...*shy.
Me: fine. pass me a toothpick then. *thhk-thhk-thhk.
Ron: *pressing his forehead with his fingertips.

HAHA! I don't know bout you but I simply can't stand it when there's food in between my teeth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment